Join our team of volunteers for an inspiring and rewarding experience in the arts. Make a difference in our community by helping us fulfill our mission of increasing access to the arts for the community at the Firehouse Arts Center and Amador Theater.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
There are three steps to becoming a volunteer. Once these steps are completed volunteers will be able to see and sign up for available shifts at the Harrington Gallery and Firehouse or Amador Theaters:
- Create an account on our volunteer scheduling website and submit a digital waiver: Better Impact
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation training- Orientations are conducted quarterly. Please see more information below
- Get fingerprinted- This step is mandatory for everyone and is at no cost to the volunteer.
Volunteer Orientation location: Firehouse Arts Center, 4444 Railroad Ave.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Starting August 9, 2023, All current/accepted volunteers in Pleasanton Civic Arts (Firehouse Arts Center and Amador Theater) must attend orientation AND be fingerprinted in order to remain active with us in the system.
- Next Orientation for CURRENT/ACCEPTED Volunteers: W, August 9, 6:30-7:30 PM or Sa, August 12, 10-11 AM
- Next Orientation for NEW Volunteers: W, August 16, 6-7:30 PM or Sa, August 19, 10-11:30 AM
- Fingerprinting: If 20 or more volunteers attend each orientation, fingerprinting services may be available onsite. Please bring all necessary paperwork if you have been notified of onsite fingerprinting.
- For information regarding fingerprinting process, or to inquire about an alternate fingerprinting date, please contact Mark Duncanson, Civic Arts Recreation Supervisor email@example.com
- Bring the following ID with you to your fingerprinting session:
- Under 18:
- Option 1: Birth Certificate, Social Security Number, and School ID
- OR Option 2: Passport and Social Security Number
- Over 18: Social Security Number and at least one form of DOJ approved photo identification. The following are Department Of Justice approved forms of photo identification:
- California Driver’s License
- California DMV ID Card
- Out-of-state Driver’s License
- Alien Registration/Immigration Green Card
- Military ID Card
- Mexican Consulate ID Card
- Under 18:
As representatives of the City of Pleasanton, responsibilities include making patrons feel welcome and comfortable, and encouraging respect for the theater and gallery. Below are some of the volunteer positions, and a brief description about each one.
PERFORMANCE GALLERY MONITOR: Performance Gallery Monitors welcome visitors to the Harrington Gallery during theater performances and track attendance. Monitors are encouraged to become familiar with the exhibits and artists in order to help visitors have an interesting experience in the gallery. Aged 21 and over.
USHER: Theater volunteers are at the heart of the performing arts experience for patrons. Ushers welcome the audience, check their tickets, help people find their seats, and assist the house manager in making the event a smooth and enjoyable one. Aged 16 and over for most theater shows, some youth shows are 14 and over.
- Attire: Black pants and a white shirt.
- Please understand that theater seating priority during shows is reserved for ticket holders only. Ushers requiring seating may be seated in the lobby.
WILL CALL: Distribute will call tickets to patrons from the box office. Check patron identification before handing out pre-purchased tickets. Answer questions as needed. Aged 16 and over.
GALLERY ATTENDANT: Gallery attendants help welcome visitors to the Harrington Gallery. Gallery attendants may be asked to help out with various exhibitions and event tasks such as mailings or other gallery projects. Attendants are encouraged to become familiar with the exhibits and artists in order to help visitors have an interesting experience in the gallery. Aged 21 or over. Attire: Career or professional casual, comfortable shoes.
ART RECEPTION SUPPORT: Serve and replenish refreshments, assist with setup and cleanup. Aged 21 or over. Attire: Career or professional casual, comfortable shoes.
SPECIAL EVENTS VOLUNTEER: Assist with larger group exhibits that include artwork receiving, jury processing and notification, and return of work to artists. Other responsibilities might include participating in set-up, serving, greeting, ticket taking and hospitality for special events throughout the year. If you are unable to volunteer on a regular weekly basis, perhaps helping with a special event may be more for you.
Thank you very much for your support!