Join our team of volunteers for an inspiring and rewarding experience in the arts. Make a difference in our community by becoming a volunteer at the Firehouse Arts Center and Amador Theater.
FIREHOUSE ARTS CENTER VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
To become a volunteer and sign up for events, follow the directions below under “How to Become a Volunteer”. Feel free to email us with any questions. Please include your name, telephone number, email and area of interest.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM CONTACTS
- HARRINGTON GALLERY:
- Gallery Assistant Sarah Logan, firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM POLICY
All volunteers must attend an orientation prior to serving. Please arrive promptly at your scheduled gallery/theater shift. If unable to serve, please contact the volunteer program coordinator so staff can contact a suitable substitute volunteer. Contact a FAC staff person in case of any other challenges. We are here to support you.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
There are three steps to becoming a volunteer with us, once these steps are completed volunteers will be able to see and sign up for available shifts at the Gallery and Theaters:
- Create an account on our volunteer scheduling website and submit a digital waiver: Better Impact
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation training, please see dates below, or contact Bob Elliot or Sarah Logan about future dates.
- Be finger printed- There is no cost to the volunteer. The City arranges finger printing sessions, generally they are scheduled close to the date of orientation. For those volunteers unable to participate in these scheduled finger printing sessions, contact Andrea McGovern, City of Pleasanton Lead Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to arrange an alternate finger printing option.
Volunteer Orientation location: Firehouse Arts Center, 4444 Railroad Ave.
- Orientations are conducted quarterly, our next orientation:
- Saturday, Aug 11, 2018 at 9-10:30am
- Saturday, Aug 11, 2018 at 9-10:30am
- Finger Printing: the next finger printing session will take place in late July or August, please check back for updates
- For information regarding finger printing process, please contact Andrea McGovern, City of Pleasanton Lead Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
As representatives of the City of Pleasanton and the Firehouse Arts Center, responsibilities include making our patrons feel welcome and comfortable, and encouraging respect for the theater and gallery. Below are some of the volunteer positions, and a brief description about each one.
PERFORMANCE GALLERY MONITOR Performance Gallery Monitors welcome visitors to the gallery during theater performances when the facility is open to the public. Monitors are encouraged to become familiar with the exhibits and artists in order to help visitors have an interesting experience in the gallery. Aged 21 and over.
USHER Theater volunteers are at the heart of the performing arts experience for patrons at the Firehouse. Ushers welcome the audience, check their tickets, help people find their seats, and assist the house manager in making the event a smooth and enjoyable one. Aged 16 and over
WILL CALL Distribute will call tickets to patrons from the box office. Check patron identification before handing out pre-purchased tickets. Answer questions as needed. Aged 16 and over
GALLERY ATTENDANT Gallery attendants help welcome visitors to the gallery on weekdays and weekends. Gallery attendants may be asked to help out with various exhibition and event tasks such as mailings or other gallery projects. Attendants are encouraged to become familiar with the exhibits and artists in order to help visitors have an interesting experience in the gallery. Aged 21 or over. Attire: Career or professional casual, comfortable shoes.
ART RECEPTION HOST Serve and replenish refreshments, assist with setup and cleanup. Aged 21 or over. Attire: Career or professional casual, comfortable shoes.
SPECIAL EVENTS VOLUNTEER Assist with larger group exhibits that include artwork receiving, jury processing and notification, and return of work to artists. Other responsibilities might include participating in set-up, serving, greeting, ticket taking and hospitality for special events throughout the year. If you are unable to volunteer on a regular weekly basis, perhaps helping with a special event may be more for you.
Thank you very much for your support!