PYTC MAIN STAGE
PYTC Main Stage is a fun and engaging performing arts experience for youth and teens ages 10-17 operated by The City of Pleasanton. By engaging young performers in the processes or auditions, rehearsals, tech rehearsals, and public performances, we hope to encourage each participant’s confidence, resilience, and love for theater.
Note: All Pleasanton Youth Theater Company productions are cast by audition only. There is a required program tuition fee after actors are cast in each production.
Pleasanton Youth Theater Company productions are for young actors ages 10-17. Youth must be 10 on or before the first day of scheduled rehearsals for each of the two productions during the school year.
SPRING PRODUCTION at the Firehouse Arts Center
Auditions: Su 1/5 & Tu 1/7 | ages 10-17 only
Call Backs: Th 1/9 by invitation only
Rehearsals: Su, Tu, Th 1/19 – 3/12 4:30-7:30pm | Tech Rehearsals: Su 3/15 – Th 3/19 4-8pm
Performances: F & Sa 3/20 – 3/28 7:30pm | Sa & Su, 3/21 – 3/29 2:00pm
Sign-up to audition on our Cast98.com studio page by reading the information below carefully.
Download the Audition Packet HERE
- Download the Honk JR. Audition Packet when it goes live W 12/4. Make sure to follow the rest of the information closely so you don’t miss out on signing up for auditions
- You must complete the actor’s profile/account with Cast98.com that includes all contact information, acting experience (if applicable), and upload a recent head shot of the actor. You can and shoudl start this account now! The account should be in the youth actor’s name so we can cast roles properly. The parent may put their own email address in place of their child’s if they choose. We will communicate via the Cast98.com platform throughout the audition and rehearsal process. You only need to create a Cast98 account once.
- Once you have completed the actor’s account make sure to find and follow our STUDIO “Pleasanton Youth Theater Company”. This is the only way you will be able to be notified of and sign-up for auditions.
- Please look at the dates closely to sign-up.
- Students will sign-up for one (1) 15-minute audition block. There will be up to 3 actors in the audition room for each block. Staff may also bring actors in one at a time. Parents are not allowed in the audition room.
- Read the notes below carefully to best prepare for the audition process.
- Please keep in mind that audition “no-shows” may be excused from subsequent Pleasanton Youth Theater Company auditions. Make sure to read the notes below carefully.
- Youth and teen performers must be ages 10-17 and be enrolled in school in order to audition and be considered for a role.
- When you sign-up for an audition slot, please make sure to commit that day and time to your personal family calendar once you select a slot. And please make sure you type your email correctly as this is how we will communicate with you during the audition process.
- Audition cancellations must occur no less than 48 hours before your scheduled audition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No-shows will be noted and may be excused from the following production’s audition process.
- There is a mandatory registration fee required if your child is cast in this production (more information will be available in the audition packet)
- Walk-up auditions will not be considered.
- Being cast in Pleasanton Youth Theater Company performances is not guaranteed.
- Read ALL information on the sign-up form carefully and in full so as not to miss any important information!
WHAT DOES THE PYTC PRODUCTION STAFF LOOK FOR IN THE AUDITION PROCESS?
Though there are certain things our production team looks for in casting our Main Stage shows, we also allow the audition process to shape our expectations. We wish we could cast everyone that walks through our doors, but in the interest of offering a quality program experience to our casts and audiences, we hope to keep cast size to a manageable and enjoyable level for all involved. We aim to offer a piece of the professional theater experience in the interest of education and performing arts resilience and part of that comes in the form of our Main Stage audition process. Whether a young actor is new or experienced to theater, here are just a few things our team looks for (and may change from time to time)…
- Presence: Is the actor ready to be on stage?
- Projection: Can they be heard?
- Voice: We often perform musicals in PYTC Main Stage and often look for youth that model an aptitude for voice work.
- Acting: Can the actor be expressive and committed to a character?
- Listening: Can the actor take direction and focus on and off stage? This is something we often look for in the call back process while auditioning and even during transition and break times.
Casting a show is never an exact science and changes based on the story being told. Please be sure to have an honest conversation with your young actor about the realities of the audition process.
PYTC THEATER EDUCATION
Pleasanton Youth Theater Company is proud to offer recreational theater experiences for the entire family starting at five years of age. We aim to educate our participants in the process of theater through play and ensemble building.
SPARKS | Theater for ages 7-11 | Willy Wonka KIDS (Spring Session 2020)
LIL’ SPARKS | Theater for ages 5-6 | Selections from Willy Wonka KIDS
PARENT SERIES | Music Theater Showcase & Improv for Grownups
MASTERCLASSES | Spring Break Masterclass