Civic Arts Stage Company is a youth and family theater company dedicated to enhancing literacy and love of language. By enacting the stories of our most beloved children’s classics, our actors experience the great joy of reliving the stories we grew up with, while the audience watches the characters jump off the page and onto the stage.
Civic Arts Stage Company is proud of its quality productions, supported in large part by a relationship with Bay Area Children’s Theatre. Their extensive network of professional directors, stage managers, designers and actors offer a supportive and educational experience for our actors, which translates into a quality and educational performance experience. All productions are cast from auditions open to all residents of the Pleasanton and Tri-Valley communities. All youth ages 10-18 are encouraged to audition. No prior experience is required.
Note: All Civic Arts Stage Company productions are cast by audition only. There is a required program tuition fee after actors are cast in each production.
Civic Arts Stage Company productions are for young actors ages 10-18. Youth must be 10 on or before the first day of scheduled rehearsals for each of the three productions during the school year.
2019 Spring Production Auditions
From Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich, the creators who brought you Dear Edwina and Dear Edwina JR., comes Junie B. Jones The Musical JR. – a delightful adaptation of four of Barbara Park’s best-selling books, brought to life in a delightful adapatation created specifically for Broadway Junior performers.
- Auditions: Su 1/6 & Tu 1/8 | 4-8pm | Sign-up link coming in December
- Call Backs: Th 1/10 | 4-8pm | by invitation only
- Rehearsals: Su, Tu, Th, 1/20-3/3/17| 4:30-7:30pm | call times subject to change
- Tech Rehearsals: Tu-Th 3/19-21 | 4-9pm
- Performances: F-Sa 3/22-30 7:30pm | Sa-Su 3/23-31 2:00pm
- School Matinees: Tu 3/26 & Th 3.28 | Call Times 8am-1pm
- IMPORTANT: Read the notes below carefully to best prepare for the audition process.
- Please keep in mind that audition “no-shows” may be excused from subsequent Civic Arts Stage Company auditions. Make sure to read the notes below carefully.
- Youth and teen performers must be ages 10-18 and be enrolled in school in order to audition and be considered for a role.
- When you sign-up for an audition slot, please make sure to commit that day and time to your personal family calendar once you select a slot. And please make sure you type your email correctly as this is how we will communicate with you during the audition process.
- Audition cancellations must occur no less than 48 hours before your scheduled audition by emailing email@example.com.
- No-shows will be noted and may be excused from the following production’s audition process.
- There is a mandatory registration fee required if your child is cast in this production (more information will be available in the audition packet)
- Walk-up auditions will not be considered.
- Being cast in Civic Arts Stage Company performances is not guaranteed.
- Read ALL information on the sign-up form carefully and in full so as not to miss any important information!
Go directly to CAST REGISTRATION HERE! Deadline to register is Thursday, October 11 at 5:00 p.m. | Find the Registration Notice HERE
Fill out the Mary Poppins JR. Emergency Contact Form HERE.
Want to claim your cast comp tickets? Find how and when the deadline is by clicking HERE.
School Matinee Series: Youth-to-Youth Performing Arts
Welcome! Civic Arts Stage Company proudly presents our 2018-2019 School Concert Series. A true theater experience awaits your students local youth and teens on the stages of the Firehouse Arts Center and Amador Theater.
With this season, in partnership with Bay Area Children’s Theatre, Civic Arts Stage Company brings another exciting collection of theatrical productions to our theaters. Please join us at the Firehouse Arts Center and Amador Theater where it is our pleasure to present to you a memorable, fun and educational theater experience.
For more information and to order tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (925) 931-4848 during business hours (W-F Noon-6pm and Sat 10am-4pm). Study Guides will be available for all productions 1-3 weeks prior to show times.
We look forward to seeing you at the theater!